Friday, January 1, 2010

NO PAIN NO GAIN

Without pain there is no gain

ONE would say prison is a sinister place to live due to high razor wired-fence and surrounding brick walls.
Others would say prison is a place where bad people are put so they can suffer because they are criminals convicted of crimes and deserved to die there.
Some say prison is a place where continuous harassments, violence and intimidation are prevalent.
But to me, I would say I’m thankful that I was sent to prison.
It is prison that shaped and molded my character and now I am really a new person, though the experiences I had encountered in prison were painful.
I appeal to all the inmates at Bomana and other prisons around the country, not to return to past doings but dedicate your lives to God and you will see change in your ways, dreams and visions.
These were the words of a former Bomana prison inmate, Barry Pale, who served seven years in the nation’s biggest and notorious prison from 2002 to 2009.
He was released last month with 50 other inmates from Bomana having completed their jail-terms.
Here he described his ordeal as “irregular and frame up” statements that led to his conviction.
“At the time, I was doing my third year economics at the University of Papua New Guinea.
“I was given financial support by my relatives and friends for bus fare and other daily needs. But I didn’t use the funds purposefully.................


READ MORE :http://www.thenational.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment